Looking at the 4 chemical equations, which of the 4 is NOT balanced?
Different types of Solutions
- Gas to gas: ex. - air, which is oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide
- Gas to liquid: ex. - cola, which is carbon dioxide, water and other ingredients
- Solid to liquid: ex. - kool-aid, which is powdered packet and water
- Solid to solid: ex. - brass, which is zinc in copper
- Liquid to liquid: ex- antifreeze which is ethylene glycol in water
Added to the definition of Solution:
- Particles are too small to see.
- Solutions have the same properties throughout.
Colloids: example: Milk
- Contains larger particles than a solution
- Particles are undissolved but do not settle out.
- Particles are too small to be seen, but large enough to not let light pass through
- Examples: Fog, whipped cream, shaving cream, mayonnaise