Where's the evidence Mini-Lab Part III
- Sodium Carbonate Solution
- Copper Sulfate Solution
- Test Tubes
- Test tube rack
- Measuring Spoons
Procedure: Sodium carbonate solution + Copper Sulfate solution
1. CAUTION: Copper Sulfate is poisonous and can stain your skin and clothes. Do not touch it or get it in your mouth.
2. Using a funnel, put 15 mL of Sodium Carbonate solution in one test tube. Record the appearance of the Sodium Carbonate solution in the data table.
3. Record the appearance of the Copper Sulfate solution in the data table.
4. Write a prediction of what you think will happen when the two solutions are mixed.
5. Using a dropper add 3 drops of the copper sulfate solution to the Sodium Carbonate solution and record your observations.
6. Pour the mixture of sodium carbonate and copper sulfate solutions in the waste bucket.
7. Rinse the test tubes and place upside down in the test tube rack.
2nd Period. Page 221
Turn in your permission slip to see SELMA to your ADVISORY teachers by THURSDAY!