What is the Law of Conservation of Energy?
Do Now Answer:
The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy is not created or destroyed, only transformed into other types of energy.
EQ: What are the different types of energy and examples for each?
Energy: The ability to do work
Law of Conservation of Energy: Energy is Never Created or Destroyed, only transformed (changed from one to another)
Thermal Energy: the total energy of all the particles in an object
- Exothermic energy - releases energy - example: a candle releases heat
- Endothermic energy - absorbs energy - example: an ice cube takes in heat and melts!
- The foods you eat have chemical energy
- gasoline in cars
- cells in your body
- Kinetic energy: energy in motion! - you dancing at the school dance is kinetic energy.
- Potential energy: energy stored (about to move) - you leaning on the wall at the school dance, thinking about getting out on the dance floor to bust-a-move.
Radiation energy: Form of energy that travels through space as waves - think microwaves.
Write your 3 questions and Summary for these notes and Classifying Matter Cornell Notes.
BINDER CHECK #4 Tomorrow!!!
No school on Monday! Yay!