In complete sentences…
How would you explain what a homogenous mixture is to a 5th grader? Use as many vocabulary words as possible.
Do Now Answer:
A homogeneous mixture is when you mix 2 or more things together. You can be 2 types of homogeneous mixtures; a solution or a colloid. A solution is made up of a solute and a solvent. A solvent dissolves the solute. The solute is what is being dissolved. An example is sugar water. Sugar is the solute and water is the solvent. If you are not a solution you are a colloid. A colloid is a mixture of 2 or more substances but you cannot pass light through it. An example of a colloid is milk or soy sauce.
- Divide poster paper into 3 sections
- Label each section solution, colloid or suspension
- Draw an example for each section.
- In complete sentences describe why the example is a solution colloid or suspension.
- Highlight the science vocabulary for each section
Finish you Solution - Colloid - Suspension poster.
DUE tomorrow TUESDAY 9.30.14
NEW marking period.
BE ON TIME
TURN IN ALL YOUR WORK!