- What is a catalyst? (a catalyst speeds up a reaction)
- In the Elephant Toothpaste Lab, what was the catalysts? (In the elephant toothpaste lab, the catalyst was the yeast)
********a POP QUIZ will be given either Wednesday Feb. 19th or Friday Feb. 21st.**********
- Physical change
- Chemical Change
- Endothermic Reaction
- Exothermic Reaction
- Chemical Equation
- Chemical Formula
- Conservation of Matter
- Open System
- Closed System
- Thermal Energy
EQ: What is the difference between a solution, colloid and suspension?
Solution: Particles are too small to see. Solutions are made up of a salute and a solvent.
- Salute - present in smaller amounts. (example: kool-aid powder and sugar)
- Solvent - present in larger amounts. Dissolves the salute (example: the water in kool-aid)
- Solutions are examples of PHYSICAL CHANGE
- Examples of Solutions: Windex, ocean water, antifreeze, gasoline, vinegar, and cough medicine.
Cornell Notes will Continue tomorrow...
Study the 15 vocabulary words for a pop quiz Wednesday or Friday.