8. All objects experience a buoyant force when immersed in a fluid. As a basis for understanding this concept:
- a. Students know density is mass per unit volume.
- b. Students know how to calculate the density of substances (regular and irregular solids and liquids) from measurements of mass and volume.
- c. Students know the buoyant force on an object in a fluid is an upward force equal to the weight of the fluid the object has displaced.
- d. Students know how to predict whether an object will float or sink.
Science Literacy Words
- Buoyant Force