Student Presentations of their Atomic Model and Scientist.
What is the name of your atomic model?
What was newly discovered with your atomic model.
Students work with their groups to prepare for their presentations tomorrow and Friday.
Thursday groups are:
Friday Groups are:
Who is your
scientist or atomic model
and what is one interesting
thing you learned about
iPad Research of their Scientist/Atomic Model
--Mixing Salt and water is what type of change (physical or chemical) and what type of mixture do you create?
Scientist and their Atomic Model
Students will be divided into groups of 3. Each group will be assigned a Scientist who contributed to the Atomic Model. Each group member must pick 1 of 3 roles. On Thursday and Friday groups will present their Scientist and Model to the class. Classmates will take Cornell Notes on each scientist.
- Write a script that includes dialogue or monologue and outlines how or what the scientist discovered about the atom.
- All group members should be included in skit.
- Skit will be a max of 2 minutes.
- Skit should inform your classmates about your scientist and their contributin to the atomic model.
- Turn in a written script for credit
- Write a 5 paragraph biographical essay of your scientist.
- Include such items as birth and death dates, interesting background information, type of science they studied, contribution to atomic model, awards received.
- Turn in a typed essay about scientist
Atomic Model Researcher
- Description of the change or discovery made to the atomic model.
- Identifies how the discovery came to be (ie: the experiment)
- Include a labeled picture or model and at least 2 sentences explaining model and discovery.
- Identify key vocabulary.
- Turn in a labeled poster or model of atom with at least a 2-sentence explanation.
- Information about your scientist and their contribution to the atomic model is clearly stated.
- Students should be able to take Cornell Notes on the main topics of your scientist/atomic model
- Present a skit no longer than 2-minutes
About this Blog:
During the school year: I will post daily what went on in class and what homework was assigned :)